The TC-2 offers these advantages in tissue cutting for histology, cytochemistry and related fields.
• Provides a method for rapidly cutting fixed tissues and many non-fixed tissues without freezing.
• Preserves enzyme activity and prevents enzyme diffusion associated with cryostat sectioning.
• Produces uniform section thickness to speed immuno- and histochemical studies.
• Provides maximum operator convenience to avoid laborious and messy hand operations.
The TC-2 has these features
• Section thickness: 20 microns to 230 microns. Can be changed white the TC-2 is operating,
• Specimen size up to 20 mm square and 3 mm thick; maximum stage traverse 25 mm.
• Sectioning speed range variable from 50 to 200 strokes per minute.
• Rapid mounting and demounting of specimen.
• Adjustable stroke length.
• Uses standard razor blades.
• Automatic drive with manual positioning facility.
Sectioning with the TC-2
• Prepare stage by cementing filter paper to top surface.
• Liquify agar by heating in boiling water.
• Attached specimen to stage by using agar. Allow to cool.
• Set thickness and speed.
• Begin sectioning.
TC-2 Tissue Sectioner For 115V, 60Hz (Catalog Number 37129)
Sectioning range continuously variable using Calibrated Dial from 5 μm to 230 μm, holds agar-embedded specimen up to 20 mm square by 3 mm thick; variable Motor Speed Control; 50-200 strokes per minute; Calibrated Stroke Force Adjustment Dial; 25 mm lateral mechanical stage movement, Automatic Safety Interlocks, Push-Button Start and Re-Set Controls. Accessory Box with Tools and Supplies, 3-wire cord.
8” W x 15” D x 8” H (20.2x38x20.2 cm), Net wt 35 lbs (15.9 kg), Shipping wt 45 lbs (20.4 kg)
37150 Maintenance Package
(Includes 1 blade locking wrench, I blade inserter, I tube lubricant, 5 fuses 1 A, and I Phillips screwdriver)
37151 Accessory Package
(Includes 6 polyethylene discs 5.5 cm, 100 filter paper discs 5.5 cm, 1 tube cement, and 70 injector blades)